To ensure an enjoyable experience, here is the list of items to plan for your activity.
Registration: 7:45 am
Meeting point parc national de la Jacques-Cartier: Customer service area of the Service Centre located at km 10 in the parc.
Activity starts: 8:30 am
* THE ACTIVITY WILL TAKE PLACE EVEN IN THE EVENT OF RAIN. WE WILL CONTACT YOU IF WE NEED TO CANCEL THE ACTIVITY DUE TO BAD WEATHER.
Other elements to prepare:
Adventure running demands a multi-layer clothing system able to respond to important variations in weather as well in variations resulting from constantly changing levels of effort. For these reasons, we suggest that you wear:
- running shorts and shirt (highly breathable and quick drying);
- a pair of good trail running shoes;
- a light shell jacket to protect yourself from the rain or wind;
- a hat to protect yourself from the sun;
- knee-high socks to protect yourself from injury, ticks, and debris;
- a pair of sun glasses (clear or orange lens preferably);
- a change of clothes for when you are finished with the activity.
You will need a light trail running pack to carry your gear with you. A pack similar to Salomon's ADV SKIN 5 SET (www.salomon.com). You will need something that does not bounce and shifts around while you run.
Articles to bring:
- your cell phone fully charged;
- a pocket knife;
- 1 liter of water of gatorade;
- 1 small first aid kit with (band aids, mole skin, tylenol or advil, and other medications if you need them, such as epipen)
- sunscreen and bug repellent (we recommend watkins)
- 2 protein bars such as Cliff bars;
- other snacks if judged necessary
- zip lock bags or other protection to keep your phone and other important items dry.
- a pair of water socks or shoes for the river or lake portion of your adventure.
If the package that you choose is more than 3 hours, bring a small lunch that you can carry in your pack. Also you may want to plan a snack and some gatorade for after the event.